What Is Bundle Size and How to Improve It
By default, every code you write will end up in the main bundle. Some of it is needed, some is not. Fortunately, there are plenty of options and techniques to choose from in order to analyze and improve the bundle size of your application. Together, we will uncover dos and don’ts as well as best practices to provide you with a nice overview of possibilities to optimize your bundle. You will be introduced to tooling that supports you in uncovering potential issues. Furthermore, we will discuss lazy-loading and other optimization techniques.
At the end of the session, we’ll also briefly discuss the topics of compression, assets, fonts, and other utilities to help you see optimization opportunities.
- Basic SPA framework experience (React, Angular, Vue, …).
- No extra knowledge on the topic required.
- Become familiar with the tooling to battle the application size.
- Identify areas of opportunity for shipping less JS in your application.
- Understand the principles of what JS bundles are and how they are built.
- Be more comfortable exploring what is shipped to users.